compensation: Medical Care Assistant, in Training starts at $13.00/hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Planned Parenthood Keystone (PPKey) serves 37 counties in Pennsylvania, home to over half of Pennsylvania residents. We have administrative offices in the Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg, Warminster, and York. We operate 9 medical centers that serve over 22,000 patients annually and offer comprehensive sexuality education that reaches thousands of young adults.
WHY JOIN PLANNED PARENTHOOD KEYSTONE? Because we value...
CHOICE and believe that all people have the basic right to decide freely and responsibly whether and when to become parents.
DIVERSITY throughout all aspects of our work.
OUR COMMUNITY and we promote an environment of mutual support, trust, and respect.
EDUCATION and we promote responsible decision-making.
EXCELLENCE and believe it is integral to all that we are and all that we do.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for a...
Part-Time (16 hours/week M, W, R), Non-Exempt, Medical Care Assistant at our Lancaster Medical Center. A Medical Care Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our patients while serving as a member of our dedicated team of medical center employees.
Here at Planned Parenthood Keystone we have a passion for creating a culture of exceptional customer service. So, we are looking for people that will not only continually exceed our patient's expectations, but will also take pride in cultivating positive relationships with patients and fellow employees.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform general reception duties including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and greeting & assisting patients/ visitors
• Determines and collects patient fees, receives and records current charges, payments of accounts, records balance due at the end of the visit
• Inform patients about general reproductive health care, abortion services, all FDA approved birth control methods, sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment, HIV testing, safer sex, and medical center procedures
• Supports Advanced Practice Clinicians (APCs) by prepping patients, labs, and supplies
• Performs appropriate lab procedures including venipuncture, urine dipstick, weight, blood pressure, anemia and RH factor tests
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High level of personal accountability
• Serve as the patient advocate inside the organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner
• Availability to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends, as required
• Bilingual English and Spanish Preferred
Qualifications / Requirements:
High school diploma or GED. No minimum experience; 1-2 years of experience in a health care setting preferred. Basic computer (i.e., Windows, e-mail and keyboard) skills required.
salary & Benefits:
Compensation for this position is $13 per hour during the training period
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
Short Term Disability
Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability policy voluntary coverage options
Generous vacation, leave, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender and gender expression/identity, age, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, uniformed service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.