VIN: 4MZAX12J733404083 condition: excellent engine displacement (CC): 984 fuel: gas odometer: 27076 paint color: black title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
For sale is a 2003 Buell XB9R Firebolt motorcycle. I have owned this bike for 8 years and it kills me to part with it. I don't get to ride it as much as I'd like to anymore and some unexpected home renovation expenses tell me that the time has probably come. I'm not here to sell you a lemon. I want to find a good home for a bike that I've loved for many years. Please read the entire description because I may have already answered your question. Serious inquiries only.
For those who may not be familiar with the Buell brand, or the Firebolt in particular, you can find a pretty good write-up on the bike here --> (https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/buell-xb9r-firebolt).
This particular bike has a factory race package which includes a race-tuned ECM and race exhaust. You can tell by the "Not for Road Use" stamped into the muffler and the ECM says "For Race Use Only" on it. I don't have any pictures of the ECM to prove it because you have to remove the front fairing and other components to get to the ECM but I'm willing to do it for serious buyers who need proof.
I made a video of me starting the bike cold so you can hear how awesome it sounds and see that the bike is fully functional. You can find that video on youtube here --> (https://youtu.be/w5mQl2lWIUo)
This bike has been well-cared for over the years. The battery is brand new, the tires are new with virtually all of their tread still left, new wheels bearings front and rear, a new drive belt, and a new drive belt tensioner.
Here is a list of all of the minor issues that I am aware with the bike:
- The rear brake rotor and pads need to be replaced. The bike stops just fine but the rear brake squeals a bit.
- The fuel pump is pretty noisy on startup. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but it has been that way as long as I can remember and I've never had any issues with it.
- The neutral safety and kickstand safety switches don't work.
- There are some small cosmetic issues in the paint that I have touched up and are not even noticeable at a short distance.
- This bike is air-cooled so it gets hot if you're stuck in traffic in the hottest part of the summer. This is not an issue specific to this bike but air-cooled bikes in general and if you're not used to it you may think something is wrong. The fan will start screaming to cool the bike down but the best thing you can do is start moving or turn the engine off.
I can also include a bike cover, chain lock, cover lock, and cover alarm (all shown in images) with any reasonable offer.
Please e-mail me with any questions or to set up a time to come and look at the bike in person. If you want to test drive the bike I'll need to have the full asking price in cash to hold along with a picture of your license while you take it out.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers